Translating a document, whether it be and Information and Consent Form for a research project, a manuscript, or an information sheet for patients, demands not only impeccable grammar, but also a strong comprehension of the topic and its content. It must ensure the original author’s exact meaning is captured, while taking into account the needs of the reader. For this reason, we specialize in the domain of health care.
Over the past 20 years, we have translated numerous documents of varied lengths, some of which will be listed below.
Fields and Subjects* :
- Oncology, Geriatric Oncology, and Palliative Care: Amongst others, we translated a handbook called Guiding Family Caregivers of People at the End of Life: a Handbook (2016) (S. Robin Cohen et coll.), as well as questionnaires and documents related to the quality of life and living wills, newsletters, and numerous booklets explaining illness and illness management for patients. Topics, to date, include Lower Anterior Resection Syndrome (LARS), bone sarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma, stomach cancer, etc.
- Psychiatry: We have developed a significant knowledge of the field of addictions, and have, translated various documents including, but not limited to, questionnaires, research projects, websites, and conference and Power Point presentations regarding substance abuse.
- Physiotherapy: Translations have included questionnaires and research projects regarding various musculoskeletal illnesses and problems, and their treatments (particularly regarding knee and hip osteoarthritis).
- Psychology: We have translated a manual that accompanies a collection of “games” whose purpose is to reinforce positive thought patterns and reduce stress related to social anxiety, as well as verbatim interviews, and case studies.
- Other Fields: Nephrology, Neurodegenerative Illnesses, and Pharmacotherapy (Duodopa).
We have developed partnerships with the Montreal area CISSSs and CIUSSSs, notably with the departments of psychiatry, oncology and palliative care, research and rehabilitation centres, not-for-profit organizations, and the MUHC Patient Education Office.
Translation is from English to French
*This is a sampling of the fields and subjects we have worked in, but it is not an exhaustive list.